Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 4-30pm
Friday: 8:00am – 4.00pm
We are a friendly caring welcoming college which also manages to ensure the safety and well-being of students at all times.
Our reception staff are always at hand to help with student and visitor enquiries and together with our student services team, teaching staff and support staff we provide an extremely strong pastoral network that is second to none.
All our students gain support and guidance with their future progression whether into working life or going onto university. Our student services will provide group and independent help whether completing a CV or your UCAS application, as well as mock interviews allowing you to hone your interview techniques and build your confidence.
Students - What we expect from you.
When students enroll at St Monica’s we want them to grow in confidence and gain life skills to help them with their progression from college. Whether that is progressing into the world of work, finding an apprenticeship or moving onto further study at university. The 'Student Parent Agreement' outlines the commitment and agreement we have between our students and parents to allow them to achieve those goals.
- You will receive full, caring, educational and pastoral support
- One to one tutor sessions and regular progression reports. Targets will be set, which may be challenging, to ensure you achieve your full potential.
- Contribute to the life and community of the college which involves taking part in values days (the centre's commintment to PSHCE learning), charity fundraising events and enrichment programmes
- Full support with applying for employment
- Guidance and support with applying to university or apprenticeships
We as a college are not only here for the students but appreciate that parents/carers need information and support too, which we are more than happy to provide. We welcome contact from parents and carers to ensure we provide a full supportive network to both students and parents/carers.
- High quality teaching and facilities
- Parents' Evenings
- College works in partnership with parents/carers to ensure students' safety.
- Reporting absences to parents/carers.
- St Monica's Sixth Form Centre has strong policies in place to ensure we deal with all unacceptable behaviour promptly.
Whilst in college students will have free time which will provide an opportunity for them to manage their own study and social time.